Dr. Franz Schaefer is a partner in the firm’s Munich office and admitted as a German Rechtsanwalt and attorney at law in the state of New York. He advises German and international corporate clients on:
- formation of joint ventures, including suitable dispute resolution mechanisms;
- corporate restructurings, in particular in connection with an initial public offering or the formation of a joint venture (inter alia through carve-outs, mergers, de-mergers, and legal conversions);
- general corporate matters, in particular related to publicly listed companies, such as the holding of general meetings (Hauptversammlungsrecht) and compliance with capital market regulations;
- mergers and acquisitions (“M&A”) transactions, in particular with respect to business-to-business manufacturing and new technology sectors.
- setting up management participation programs for portfolio transactions
Dr. Schaefer also provides regular advice to various private equity/restructuring/distressed funds, both with respect to their M&A activities and on their portfolio management.
Clients praised him as “circumspect and dedicated” in JUVE German Commercial Law Firms 2018.