Ms. Laird practices in the area of financial institutions law. Her clients are commercial banks, trust companies, savings banks, savings associations and their holding companies. Her practice includes:
- representation of financial institutions before state and Federal bank and securities regulatory agencies, including: the Federal Reserve Board, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, and the Securities and Exchange Commission;
- counseling clients on mergers and acquisitions, interstate branching, trust operations, de novo charters, including limited purpose charters;
- advising clients on the sale, offering and design of various deposit and investment products within a financial services company, including brokerage services, sweep accounts, private banking services, and mutual fund and insurance products;
- assisting clients in chartering federal or state-chartered trust companies, offering collective investment funds and other trust based services; and
- advising clients on providing new banking services which may involve bitcoin, blockchain or cryptocurrencies.