The world of fashion raises legal issues that can be as intriguing as the designs that glide down runways. Our lawyers are ready with integrated, detailed, and creative solutions to address the many challenges faced by luxury and fashion brands around the world. From intellectual property matters to superannuation, we handle a myriad of issues affecting these businesses throughout the life cycle of their products.
As a founding partner of the Luxury Law Alliance and the Luxury Law Summit we are on the forefront as thought leaders. Our team participates in the annual Luxury Law Summit Events in London and New York. We have unique partnerships with the Camera Nazionale della Moda Italiana, the Fédération française de la Couture, du Prêt à Porter des Couturiers et des Créateurs de Mode in France, and the Melbourne Fashion Festival in Australia, placing the firm at the forefront of industry events across the globe. Key areas our lawyers advise on include:
- Artificial intelligence and technology including agreement negotiations related to the application of AI and machine learning to consumer interactions.
- Blockchain regulatory and implementation, including consumer protection.
- Commercial agreements, collaborations and licensing
- Distribution strategies and antitrust policies in the fashion industry.
- Insurance coverage and risk management, product liability defense, commercial litigation disputes, and personal injury claims across a multitude of consumer and commercial products.
- Intellectual property protection, commercialization and trademark enforcement and anti-counterfeiting programs, trade secrets compliance, and litigation matters.
- International trade and ethical supply chain strategy.
- Logistics transactions, including: third party logistics/warehousing, transportation and reverse logistics
- Real estate matters, including leasing and management, development, and franchises for retailers.
- Providing quasi-GC and broad day to day support to smaller companies who do not benefit from in-house legal teams
- Regulatory and compliance issues relating to production, distribution, payment systems, and e-commerce.
- Restructuring of corporate entities, M&A, capital markets and securities, insolvency, emerging growth and venture capital, tax, and private equity for major fashion brands and retailers.
- Technology transactions and data protection regulatory concerns.