The world of fashion raises legal issues that can be as intriguing as the designs that glide down runways. Our lawyers are ready with integrated, detailed, and creative solutions to address the many challenges faced by luxury and fashion brands around the world. From intellectual property matters to superannuation, we handle a myriad of issues affecting these businesses throughout the life cycle of their products.
Our experience spans our global platform, includes various practice areas, and enables us to develop legal strategies that are tailored to the unique issues and concerns of the fashion industry. By working with national and multinational companies of all sizes, ranging from startups to premium brands and fashion houses, we have established a reputation as one of the leading fashion law firms.
Key areas our lawyers advise on include:
- Artificial intelligence and technology including agreement negotiations related to the application of AI and machine learning to consumer interactions
- Blockchain regulatory and implementation, including consumer protection.
- Distribution strategies and antitrust policies in the fashion industry.
- Insurance coverage and risk management, product liability defense, commercial litigation disputes, and personal injury claims across a multitude of consumer and commercial products.
- Intellectual property protection, commercialization and trademark enforcement and anti-counterfeiting programs, trade secrets compliance, and litigation matters.
- International trade and ethical supply chain strategy.
- Real estate matters, including leasing and management, development, and franchises for retailers.
- Regulatory and compliance issues relating to production, distribution, payment systems, and e-commerce.
- Restructuring of corporate entities, M&A, capital markets and securities, insolvency, emerging growth and venture capital, tax, and private equity for major fashion brands and retailers.
- Technology transactions and data protection regulatory concerns.