Ms. Ingber is a partner in the Investment Management group of K&L Gates and is based in the Washington D.C. office. She has twenty years of experience in representing investment companies, investment company Boards of Trustees/Directors, investment advisers and broker-dealers on a broad range of transactional, regulatory and compliance matters. Her experience includes:
- Organizing and registering investment companies using various types of structures, including fund of funds, multi-manager and multiple class arrangements;
- Creating funds that pursue alternative investment strategies, including managed futures funds;
- Representing open and closed-end funds before the SEC on exemptive applications, registration statements and other regulatory filings;
- Advising the independent Trustees/Directors of investment companies on corporate governance and regulatory matters;
- Advising closed-end funds regarding rights offerings, tender offers and compliance with NYSE requirements;
- Negotiating the resolution of and responding to SEC staff comments on registration statements and exemptive applications;
- Advising investment companies, investment advisers and broker-dealers on SEC, CFTC and FINRA regulatory requirements;
- Reviewing and negotiating service provider agreements;
- Advising investment companies and/or their Boards in connection with fund mergers, acquisitions and adoptions and advisory firm changes of control;
- Developing and implementing compliance programs for investment companies and investment advisers; and
- Advising investment companies, investment advisers and broker-dealers regarding the conduct of and responses to SEC and FINRA inspections and examinations.
Ms. Ingber serves on K&L Gates’ Professional Development Committee. She frequently writes and speaks on regulatory developments affecting the investment management industry.