Global law firm K&L Gates LLP and seven partners across the firm’s offices have again been recognized among the world’s leading trademark practices and professionals in World Trademark Review’s annual WTR 1000 rankings, a global survey of leading trademark practitioners in 70 jurisdictions.
As a firm, K&L Gates is ranked in the Australia enforcement and litigation category, along with Melbourne partner Tony Watson, who is ranked in the anti-counterfeiting; enforcement and litigation; and prosecution and strategy categories for Australia.
Also ranked in the 2019 edition were:
• London partner Arthur Artinian (United Kingdom: England - prosecution and strategy, transactions)
• Boston partner David Byer (United States: Massachusetts - prosecution and strategy)
• Chicago partner Sana Hakim (United States: Illinois - prosecution and strategy)
• Washington, D.C., partner Susan Kayser (United States: DC Metro Area - enforcement and litigation)
• Newark partner Frank Politano (United States: New Jersey)
• Warsaw partner Oskar Tułodziecki (Poland - anti-counterfeiting; enforcement and litigation)
Now in its ninth year, the World Trademark Review 1000 survey is one of the industry’s highly regarded publications and is based on interviews with hundreds of lawyers and clients in the trademark industry, taking into account depth of expertise, market presence, and the level of work typically handled.
K&L Gates’ intellectual property practice has more than 200 lawyers – including approximately 100 registered patent lawyers, agents, and technology specialists with technical or advanced science degrees, nearly 20 with doctorates – who devote their practices to helping clients establish, enforce, and leverage their intellectual property rights worldwide. Among leading IP firms, K&L Gates filed over 3,000 patent applications and 2,750 trademarks worldwide in 2018.