K&L Gates LLP and 16 of its intellectual property partners across the firm’s global platform have been named among the world’s leading trademark practices and professionals in Managing IP magazine’s ‘IP Stars’ 2020 rankings.
As a firm, K&L Gates’ rankings include a national (United States) recognition for trademark prosecution and regional listings in Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Washington, California, and Australia across such areas as intellectual property, trademark, trademark ─ contentious, and trademark prosecution.
Individual lawyers ranked as stars, and the areas in which they were recognized, in the 2020 edition include:
• Australia: Tony Watson ─ trademark
• California: Louis Cullman ─ patent
• District of Columbia: Susan Kayser ─ trademark
• Florida: Jonathan Morton ─ trademark
• Germany: Thorsten Vormann ─ trademark and patent
• Illinois: Alan Barry ─ patent
• Illinois: Bob Barrett ─ patent
• London: Arthur Artinian ─ trademark
• Massachusetts: David Byer ─ trademark and copyright
• New Jersey: Frank Politano ─ trademark
• Pennsylvania: Patrick McElhinny ─ trademark
• Texas: Stewart Mesher ─ trademark
• Washington: Jeffrey Johnson ─ trademark and copyright
• Washington: Martha Dawson ─ trademark
• Washington: Pallavi Wahi ─ trademark
• Washington: Pam Kohli Jacobson ─ trademark and patent
For more than 25 years, IP Stars has been a leading specialist guide to IP law firms and practitioners worldwide. IP Stars rankings evaluate expertise, workload, market reputation, outcomes achieved for clients, and unique strengths in a variety of IP practice areas, making it one of the most comprehensive and widely respected guides in the IP profession.
K&L Gates’ intellectual property practice has more than 200 lawyers – including approximately 100 registered patent lawyers, agents, and technology specialists with technical or advanced science degrees, nearly 20 with doctorates – who devote their practices to helping clients establish, enforce, and leverage their intellectual property rights worldwide. Among leading IP firms, K&L Gates filed over 3,430 patent applications and 2,860 trademarks worldwide in 2019.