Jonathan is an associate in the firm’s Seattle office and is a member of the corporate practice group. His practice focuses on the representation of public and private companies and investors in a wide range of corporate, securities and business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, 1933 and 1934 Act Securities and Exchange Commission filings, securities offerings and financings. His experience also includes formation and funding of emerging growth companies and venture capital and private equity investments.
Jonathan’s experience includes:
- Assisting companies with complex mergers, spin-offs, asset sales, partnerships and other acquisitions.
- Counseling U.S. publicly listed companies on securities law compliance, ‘34 Act and Section 16 reporting, periodic SEC filings, investor relations, conflict mineral disclosures, and other general corporate governance issues.
- Representing mature companies raising capital in public and private equity markets.
- Counseling clients on routine corporate matters, including contract drafting, director and employee compensation, SaaS and IP agreements and other technology and licensing agreements.
- Representing U.S. and foreign companies accessing the U.S. equity markets through registered offerings, including initial public offerings and follow-on offerings on the NYSE and NASDAQ.
- Advising U.S. issuers seeking to conduct initial public offerings and other stock offerings outside the U.S., including on London’s AIM market.
- Helping startups and emerging growth companies with incorporation and formation.
- Advising and negotiating early-stage, seed, angel and venture funding through use of convertible notes, SAFEs, preferred stock and other complex debt and equity securities.