K&L Gates' Indonesia group comprises a team of lawyers across Asia Pacific who have decades of experience advising Indonesian companies and clients doing business in Indonesia.
Our multidisciplinary team advises clients across a broad range of industries in the areas of international private equity and hedge funds, banking and asset finance, capital markets, corporate finance, and mergers and acquisitions. In the energy, infrastructure, and resources sectors we advise clients across project development and financing, inbound and outbound investments, mergers and acquisitions, asset, project and structuring financing, litigation, and dispute resolution.
Our experience includes regularly acting for Indonesian corporates, state-owned companies, and government agencies on complex, cross-border deals in Indonesia, as well as for Indonesian clients when they venture into overseas markets. We also act for international funds investing in and lending to entities in Indonesia.
Our lawyers have deep experience with Indonesian language, culture, and practices. Our team members, many of whom are fluent in the Indonesian language, regularly travel to Indonesia and a number of them have also lived there. This knowledge and experience allows us to work effectively on cross border issues and with local advisors in conducting relevant due diligence and negotiations.
We have close working relationships with key Indonesian law firms and we provide clients with seamless legal services by coordinating and complementing the work of Indonesian counsel.
Our Indonesia group is supported by one of the largest international legal practices in Asia Pacific and has access to our firm's global network of offices. Key attributes of our Indonesia practice include:
- Critical Mass – Our knowledge base includes more than 400 legal professionals in Asia Pacific and more than 2000 lawyers globally.
- Experience – We have represented both international and local clients in a range of industries, including aerospace, banking, oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), power, infrastructure, financial services, manufacturing, telecom, mining and metals, industrial chemicals, agribusiness, insurance, media, technology, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, transportation, trading, maritime, and heavy industries.
- Local Knowledge – Our lawyers are fluent in local languages and business customs. We also have strong working relationships with local, regional, and national governments and regulatory authorities, giving clients access to invaluable insight into their policies, practices, and regulations.
- Regional Coverage – We have extensive experience representing clients doing business across Asia Pacific, including working with clients in emerging economies on complex, cross-border transactions.
- Global Network – We have seven established Asian offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Taipei, and Tokyo together with Australian offices in all major business centers—Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, and Sydney. Our Asia Pacific practice is fully integrated with K&L Gates' colleagues in offices spanning Western and Eastern Europe, the United States, South America, and the Middle East.