K&L Gates Washington, D.C.
1601 K Street NW
United States of America
Firm members and the Washington D.C. Economic Partnership (WDCEP) will host a discussion with keynote speaker Daniel Kowalski, Counselor to the Secretary of the U.S. Department of the Treasury, on the final regulations which offer clarity on eligible investments and the requirements for establishing Opportunity Funds, acquiring Qualified Opportunity Zone Business Property, and complying with rules for operating businesses and real estate projects. Introductory Remarks:
This program will feature panelists with seasoned backgrounds in law, tax, policy, real estate, and investments and funds. Each panelist has a sound understanding of the complexities regarding Opportunity Zone developments and funding.
Anyone interested in unlocking investment potential in low-income communities, including fund sponsors, investors, developers, entrepreneurs, non-profit organizations, and economic development authorities, is encouraged to attend. Breakfast will be provided.
Keith Sellars, President and CEO - Washington DC Economic Partnership Keynote Speaker:
Daniel Kowalski, Counselor to the Secretary - U.S. Department of the Treasury Panelists:
- Sharon Carney, Chief of Staff, District of Columbia - Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development
- Craig Bernstein, Principal and CIO - OPZ Bernstein
- Olivia Byrne, Partner - K&L Gates Washington, D.C.
- Mary Burke Baker, Government Affairs Counselor - K&L Gates Washington, D.C.
- Jill Homan, President - Javelin 19 Investments
- Christopher Miller, Interim Vice President of Multifamily Lending and Neighborhood Investments - D.C. Housing Finance Agency