K&L Gates is delighted to partner with Alternative Investment Management Association (AIMA) to host our annual Emerging Manager Hedge Fund Forum.
A detailed agenda is provided below.
4:30 p.m. Registration
5:00 p.m. Panel 1: Alive and Kicking - What It Takes to Break Even for the Next Generation of Alternative Investment Managers
- Emerging managers with less than $500mm only manage 6% of global industry AUM. What does it take to launch a fund in this environment and achieve profitability?
- What are the "must haves" for new managers on day one, and how do you plan for growth going forward?
- Defining your break even
- Minimum regulatory requirements
- Minimum operational requirements
6:00 p.m. Panel 2: Taking It to the Next Level - How to be Ready to Market to Institutional Investors
- What are institutional investors looking for
- Fund structures
- Personnel and compensation
- Special investors - ERISA, governmental plans
7:00 p.m. Reception Speakers
Alexandra Coupe, Associate Director, PAAMCO
Thomas Deutsch, Managing Director, Matrix Private Capital Group
Ari Glass, Founding Partner and Managing Member, Boothbay Fund Management LLC
Meredith Jones, Head of Emerging Manager Research, Aon Hewitt
David Meneret, CIO, Mill Hill Capital
Michelle Noyes, Head of the Americas, Alternative Investment Management Association
Jeffrey Park, Principal, Research and Portfolio Management, Corbin Capital Partners
Amy Poster, Contributing Writer, Institutional Investor (Moderator)
Sherri Rossoff, Managing Director and General Counsel, The Rock Creek Group
Please note there may be limits on attendees per firm.