The Corporate/M&A practice at K&L Gates is global, integrated, and one of the most substantial in the profession. We are positioned at strategic intersections in the global economy, with a strong local presence in key capital cities and world commercial and financial centers.
With more than 500 lawyers who practice in fully integrated offices located on five continents, we provide full-service corporate counsel to facilitate the structuring, financing, and successful completion of domestic, international, and cross-border transactions including:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Joint ventures/strategic alliances
- Public and private debt and equity offerings
The 2017 Global Corporate and Transactional Highlights Brochure showcases our work in several industries across our five-continent platform.
We serve as counsel to a broad array of Global 500, Fortune 100, FTSE 100 corporations, privately held and venture-backed companies, partnerships, private equity firms and other investment funds, management groups, and entrepreneurs. Our lawyers in the United States, Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Australia, and South America are leaders in corporate legal issues relating to the economies of both developed and developing worlds with particular strength in the areas of:
- Financial services/FinTech
- Health care
- Life sciences
Recent industry recognition includes the following:
- K&L Gates was ranked in Tier 1 of the 2017 edition of The Legal 500 United States in the publication’s M&A: Middle Market ($500m-999m) category.
- K&L Gates was named “Law Firm of the Year” for Mid-Market M&A by Mergers & Acquisitions magazine in 2013.
- K&L Gates was named among the top corporate law firms in a survey of U.S. general counsel by Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting. Published in the magazine’s “America’s Best Corporate Law Firms,” the rankings are based on a survey of general counsel from U.S. public companies regarding national firms they would retain for a variety of corporate legal matters in 2016.
- K&L Gates was ranked in the 2016 edition of Legal 500 in the publication’s M&A: Middle Market ($500m-999m) category.
- U.S.News–Best Lawyers® 2017 survey ranked K&L Gates as a national first-tier firm for Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law, Securities Regulation, and Private Fund/Hedge Funds Law.
- For the fifth year in a row, K&L Gates was ranked by Law360 in the publication's Global 20 survey as one of the "20 law firms that had the biggest global presence and handled the largest, significant and groundbreaking international and cross-border matters over the past year.”