Abigail Hemnes is a partner in the firm’s investment management practice group. Ms. Hemnes focuses her practice on representing open and closed-end investment management companies. Ms. Hemnes advises investment companies and their boards of directors on all matters of regulation, registration and compliance; including new product launches, disclosure matters, proxy issues, mergers and reorganizations. She has experience representing registered investment companies before the Securities and Exchange Commission on matters relating to disclosure, registration statements, proxy statements and other filings. She has further experience working with all types of registered funds of funds and funds targeted to investors with certain expected retirement dates.
Ms. Hemnes’ representative matters include:
- Serving as counsel to registered funds and their boards;
- Counseling clients in the establishment, registration, and operation of retail and institutional fund products;
- Representing clients in fund adoptions and fund reorganizations;
- Reviewing organizational structures in light of SEC proposed and adopted rules;
- Negotiating the resolution of SEC Staff comments regarding registration statements relating to fund launches, adoptions and reorganizations;
- Organizing and registering investment companies using various fund structures, such as master-feeder and multiple class.